Skip to main content

October Rush

How is it already Oct. 23? It feels like October just began, and now I’m getting ready for Halloween. I love that time seems to be moving quickly, but with that comes the reality of senior year stress.

Right now, I’m deep in the middle of several big projects across all of my classes. Between Capstone, semester-long assignments and client work, every week feels packed. There’s always something due or something that needs my attention, and sometimes it feels overwhelming trying to keep it all straight. Still, I remind myself that this busy season won’t last forever.

In just a few more weeks, many of these projects will start wrapping up. I keep telling myself that if I can just push through this stretch, things will start to feel lighter. It helps to remember that once Thanksgiving break hits, the hardest part of the semester will be behind me. By then, I’ll hopefully be on autopilot, coasting into the end of the semester with a little less stress and a lot more relief.

What’s keeping me motivated right now is knowing that my toughest classes are all this semester. I planned my schedule so that spring will be a little easier, which gives me something to look forward to. After months of balancing heavy workloads and tight deadlines, I’m excited at the thought of a semester that lets me slow down a bit and enjoy the last few months of college life.

Scheduling classes this time around has been much simpler too. Because it’s my senior year, I don’t have to worry about juggling a lot of options or trying to fit in requirements. I already know what classes I need to take to finish strong, and that makes the whole process less stressful.

It’s strange to think that in just a few short months, this chapter of my life will be coming to an end. For now, though, I’m trying to stay focused, get through my projects and appreciate everything about this busy season — even the stressful parts. Because once it’s over, I know I’ll miss the energy and excitement that comes with it.

Comments

  1. This semester has definitely gone fast and has had its fair share of stress, but I am also trying to live in the moment and enjoy it before it's all over

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also shocked I feel like this semester has been flying by! I also have been stressed and overwhelmed, so I can definitely relate!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Social Dilemma

                 The Social Dilemma serves as a wake-up call about the perils of social media. The film shines a light on how these platforms, driven by a relentless pursuit of user engagement and data monetization, have become powerful tools for manipulation, addiction and the amplification of harmful content. It forces us to grapple with the unsettling reality that our digital lives are shaped more by algorithms than our own free will. The testimonies of former tech insiders reveal the industry's calculated strategies to hijack our attention, exploit our psychological vulnerabilities and sow division for profit. As we become increasingly entangled in these digital webs, The Social Dilemma urges us to critically examine our relationship with social media and demand greater transparency, accountability and ethical practices from these influential corporations. The film serves as a call for individuals, policymakers and tech leaders to co...

Halloweekend!

Halloween has always been my favorite holiday. From the decorations to the costumes, there’s something magical about getting to be someone else for a night. In college, that excitement only grows during “Halloweekend,” when the entire campus comes alive with parties, themed events and plenty of creative costumes. Last year, my friends and I had to skip the festivities. My roo mmate’s dad got married that same weekend, so instead of celebrating, we traded costumes for formalwear and spent the weekend at the wedding. It was still fun, but it wasn’t quite the same as being on campus surrounded by pumpkins, lights and laughter. That’s why, this year—our senior year—we knew we wanted to make the most of it. It felt like our last big Halloween together before graduation, and we wanted to go all out. Two of our friends, Lilah and Ethan, attended Ohio Northern University with us freshman year but transferred after that. They live about three hours away in Indiana, so we don’t get to see ...