ONU's Social Media Workshop

            On Friday, March 22, Ohio Northern University’s PRSSA hosted its annual Social Media Workshop. The day started with hearing from the keynote speaker before breaking to begin the first session of the workshop. The workshop was split into four blocks, with each session having two speakers presenting simultaneously – one speaker would be in the Activities Room while the other in the Bear Cave. 

            Amy Hertsenberg, the keynote speaker, gave what I found to be one of the most interesting presentations. She discussed all things AI – the powers of AI, how she uses it as a tool in her work, how we can use it, how it is changing the way we work, etc. Hertsenberg puts an emphasis on the idea of ‘hyper-personalization’ using AI technology throughout her presentation. This idea stems from the fact that AI has changed the way we gather information of a customer base. This information allows for a better understanding of customers and communication to customers such as 24/7 customer support, which in turn also generates more revenue.

            AI also creates time and space in the day-to-day life of digital marketers. You can create graphics on canvas, use ChatGPT to meal prep for the week or even do a color theory test to figure out what tones compliment you best. Hertsenberg expresses that AI gives you time to do the things you love and speeds up the time on things you don’t. Because of how AI is changing digital marketing there is now a shift in responsibilities, an emphasis on data interpretation, a focus on creativity and innovation and allowance for continuous learning and adaptation. AI will always require a human touch to ensure it is given the proper information and does what is being asked correctly.

            Although it seems like this new up and coming tool, it is becoming more and more common in digital marketing. Many people have expressed doubt and fears regarding AI, but it is here and not going anywhere. When it comes to AI, especially with digital marketers, it is better to get on the bus than be left at the bus stop. Hertsenberg states, “AI will not take jobs from digital marketers, but digital marketers that use AI will take jobs from digital marketers that don’t use it.” At the end of the presentation, we were left with a quote that really stuck with me that I want to leave with you all, “What is extraordinary today will be expected tomorrow.” 

Comments

  1. I was really intrigued with what the keynote speaker was talking about! I thought it was a great way to start the workshop off with a bang. Personally I do not know a lot about AI so I thought it was cool to learn more about it! I liked how Amy talked about how marketers have to be ready and willing to adapt to AI and how it will shift our responsibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the key note speaker was really good. She was very well prepared, and executed her presentation perfectly. Whenever I see that someone is going to talk about AI i tend to be a little hesitant to listen as I feel like it is talked about so much. But I feel like I learn something new every time I hear about it. I loved the examples for her emphasis on hyper-personalization. I never heard about people using it the ways she did and it was very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that the Key note speaker was very interesting. AI is only going to become more relevant as we understand more. I thought it was funny and ironic how she used AI to make a presentation about AI. I also agree that last quote is very true and is something to keep in mind for trends.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Social Media Impact

Is It Summer Yet?

Buhi Simternship