Skip to main content

Is It Summer Yet?

       

            As the final weeks of the spring semester drag on, the boredom of endless assignments and exams has me anxiously waiting for summer freedom. The thought of waking up without the burden of early classes, tedious homework and stressful deadlines becomes an increasingly tempting fantasy. I can almost taste the refreshing lemonade, feel the warm sun on my face and hear the laughter of my friends as we enjoy the long, lazy days. The thought of trading textbooks for beach reads, pencils for pool floats and classrooms for backyard barbecues fills me with excitement. Although I know there are still a few weeks, my mind has already wandered to the carefree bliss that awaits on the other side.

            Each day, I find myself counting down the few weeks that remain until the glorious summer break. The relentless grind of classes, assignments and exams has left me absolutely exhausted. My eyes are fixed firmly on the finish line, yearning for the freedom and rejuvenation that the summer months will bring. I’ve felt so burnt out lately with classes, summoning what reserves of energy I can muster, but I’m definitely struggling to keep motivated.

            The idea of saying farewell to classes and homework fills me with excitement. I crave the blissful break from the structured school routine, longing to embrace the happiness and relaxation that the warmer months promise. Visions of lazy afternoons, carefree adventures and unstructured days consume my thoughts. The need for summer break grows stronger with each passing day as I think about being tan, hanging out with my friends and working.

            Though the last few weeks of the semester can feel like an endless slog, I try to remind myself that it is important to stay determined and push through – which feels nearly impossible to do sometimes. The finish line may seem distant, but with each assignment completed and each exam taken, the light at the end of the tunnel grows ever brighter. All I need to do is keep my eyes on that promise of sun and fun, and power through the final stretch of this academic year.

Comments

  1. I feel the same way! School coming to an end just for the relief of summer is a weight off the shoulders. Keep pushing you got this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

October Rush

How is it already Oct. 23? It feels like October just began, and now I’m getting ready for Halloween. I love that time seems to be moving quickly, but with that comes the reality of senior year stress. Right now, I’m deep in the middle of several big projects across all of my classes. Between Capstone, semester-long assignments and client work, every week feels packed. There’s always something due or something that needs my attention, and sometimes it feels overwhelming trying to keep it all straight. Still, I remind myself that this busy season won’t last forever. In just a few more weeks, many of these projects will start wrapping up. I keep telling myself that if I can just push through this stretch, things will start to feel lighter. It helps to remember that once Thanksgiving break hits, the hardest part of the semester will be behind me. By then, I’ll hopefully be on autopilot, coasting into the end of the semester with a little less stress and a lot more relief. What’s kee...

The Social Dilemma

                 The Social Dilemma serves as a wake-up call about the perils of social media. The film shines a light on how these platforms, driven by a relentless pursuit of user engagement and data monetization, have become powerful tools for manipulation, addiction and the amplification of harmful content. It forces us to grapple with the unsettling reality that our digital lives are shaped more by algorithms than our own free will. The testimonies of former tech insiders reveal the industry's calculated strategies to hijack our attention, exploit our psychological vulnerabilities and sow division for profit. As we become increasingly entangled in these digital webs, The Social Dilemma urges us to critically examine our relationship with social media and demand greater transparency, accountability and ethical practices from these influential corporations. The film serves as a call for individuals, policymakers and tech leaders to co...

Halloweekend!

Halloween has always been my favorite holiday. From the decorations to the costumes, there’s something magical about getting to be someone else for a night. In college, that excitement only grows during “Halloweekend,” when the entire campus comes alive with parties, themed events and plenty of creative costumes. Last year, my friends and I had to skip the festivities. My roo mmate’s dad got married that same weekend, so instead of celebrating, we traded costumes for formalwear and spent the weekend at the wedding. It was still fun, but it wasn’t quite the same as being on campus surrounded by pumpkins, lights and laughter. That’s why, this year—our senior year—we knew we wanted to make the most of it. It felt like our last big Halloween together before graduation, and we wanted to go all out. Two of our friends, Lilah and Ethan, attended Ohio Northern University with us freshman year but transferred after that. They live about three hours away in Indiana, so we don’t get to see ...