Is It Summer Yet?

       

            As the final weeks of the spring semester drag on, the boredom of endless assignments and exams has me anxiously waiting for summer freedom. The thought of waking up without the burden of early classes, tedious homework and stressful deadlines becomes an increasingly tempting fantasy. I can almost taste the refreshing lemonade, feel the warm sun on my face and hear the laughter of my friends as we enjoy the long, lazy days. The thought of trading textbooks for beach reads, pencils for pool floats and classrooms for backyard barbecues fills me with excitement. Although I know there are still a few weeks, my mind has already wandered to the carefree bliss that awaits on the other side.

            Each day, I find myself counting down the few weeks that remain until the glorious summer break. The relentless grind of classes, assignments and exams has left me absolutely exhausted. My eyes are fixed firmly on the finish line, yearning for the freedom and rejuvenation that the summer months will bring. I’ve felt so burnt out lately with classes, summoning what reserves of energy I can muster, but I’m definitely struggling to keep motivated.

            The idea of saying farewell to classes and homework fills me with excitement. I crave the blissful break from the structured school routine, longing to embrace the happiness and relaxation that the warmer months promise. Visions of lazy afternoons, carefree adventures and unstructured days consume my thoughts. The need for summer break grows stronger with each passing day as I think about being tan, hanging out with my friends and working.

            Though the last few weeks of the semester can feel like an endless slog, I try to remind myself that it is important to stay determined and push through – which feels nearly impossible to do sometimes. The finish line may seem distant, but with each assignment completed and each exam taken, the light at the end of the tunnel grows ever brighter. All I need to do is keep my eyes on that promise of sun and fun, and power through the final stretch of this academic year.

Comments

  1. I feel the same way! School coming to an end just for the relief of summer is a weight off the shoulders. Keep pushing you got this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Social Media Impact

Buhi Simternship

Move-Out Stress