Post-Spring Break!

My morning view when I open the course 

            Well, spring break was boring. I basically spent the whole time relaxing and watching The Real Housewives of Atlanta. I did work, but because I work at a golf course when it rains, we close. I only ended up working at the course half of the days I was scheduled to work due to being called off. Toledo, Ohio didn’t suffer any tornadoes, thankfully, but we did have some bad rainstorms throughout the week causing the course to flood. Luckily, I also work for my aunt’s locally owned business and coincidentally they had a lot of work to do that week and wanted my help. So, I still worked most of the time, just not where I thought I was going to be.


Mike, aka, Golf Boss

            On the plus side to being called off, I had time to hangout with some of my friends, including my friend Morgan, who I haven’t seen much since high school because of our busy lives and work schedules. We had SO much to catch up on with each other. I also saw my best friend, Emily, obviously. One of the days I saw her was because I had met up with her, her mom, and her sister for lunch. Emily and I are insanely close, so both of our families think of the other as part of the family. On another day, I spent the night at her apartment so we could hangout and chill without everyone else.

            At the end of break, on Saturday, I volunteered at an event for my mom’s work. Sorry, I should say I was volun-told by my mom. My mom works at a private elementary school and is in charge of putting together their annual gala to raise money for the school. I always volunteer for these events because I love seeing my mom’s coworkers and I know some of the people who attend from going to school with their kids. I also get to see some of the staff and faculty from my high school because people from each of the private high schools attend as well. Besides seeing everyone, it’s also hilarious to hear what’s going on with the guests because the event has an open bar and there is a live auction – those two probably shouldn’t mix…Overall the gala went great though. The school spent $26,000 on the event and ended up making $98,000 total in the end.

Comments

  1. "Volun-told" I love it. Being the child of teachers I totally relate to that! While it might have been uneventful it actually sounds like a lot of fun! I would totally kill to only work half days haha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Social Media Impact

Is It Summer Yet?

Buhi Simternship