Move-Out Stress

            As the semester winds down, I can't help but feel a sense of relief washing over me. I've nearly completed all of my major assignments for the semester, and it's like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. The last few weeks have been a whirlwind of endless papers, presentations, and projects, but I know it won’t be long before I won’t have to think about school anymore – or for a few months at least.

However, just as the stresses of school have left my mind, I find myself with a new worry. I have absolutely no idea how I am going to get all of my stuff home. As I look around my room, I constantly think to myself, “This is not going to all fit in my car.” I am more worried about the bigger things, such as my fridge, my chair, and my TV. But, luckily, my brother lives in Ada so I am hoping I can just leave those things at his house until the weekend following move-out, since my family will be here for his graduation. Even besides that though, I am dreading thinking about how I am going to have to take down all of my room décor and pack everything else up.  

Also, due to my unfortunate shopping problem, I have acquired SO much stuff throughout the past nine months. Seriously, I need my card taken away because my clothes are almost bursting out of my closet and dresser. Usually, I wouldn’t be thinking about packing just yet, but tomorrow my mom is coming to Ada to take my boyfriend and I out to dinner before school ends and he has to go home. So, I figured I would make things easier on myself and pack some things to send home with her. Knowing myself, I will probably start packing after class tomorrow, right before she arrives. As for packing everything else, I will more than likely wait until the last possible minute. At this point, I’ve decided to just not think about it. I am simply protecting my peace and we will cross that bridge when we get to it.

Comments

  1. Packing and unpacking for college is one of the worst things in life! It always takes forever and somehow you always end up with things you didn't even know you had! I'm just like you, I acquire so much random stuff and clothes over the year that packing it all up is impossible! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The day could not come any slower. it feels like we've had to weeks of school left for a month and it continues to feel longer. But all those papers and homework's are about to be put on hold for a while which is the best feeling in the world. Good luck with moving out.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Social Media Impact

Buhi Simternship