Skip to main content

Working With Puppies!

This past week was relatively uneventful, so I decided to focus on something that’s been both fun and meaningful — my group’s client for this class, Osborne Family Retrievers. The business is a family-run dog-breeding operation located in Alger, Ohio.

On Tuesday, I visited their property to capture photos and videos for future content. While it was technically a work visit, it was also one of the most enjoyable assignments I’ve had yet — mostly because I got to spend the afternoon surrounded by puppies.

A new litter had been born only a few weeks ago, and at just five weeks old, the puppies were small, playful and full of energy. We let them run around for a while, tumbling over one another and exploring their surroundings. Eventually, after all that excitement, every single one of them fell asleep in a pile of wagging tails and tiny snores. Lydia even let me stick around afterward for some extra puppy cuddles, which was the perfect way to end the visit.

While I was there, Lydia and I chatted about everything from their dogs’ personalities to my own dog at home. She also told me about their recent trip to Congress, an event where breeders connect with potential buyers and showcase their dogs. Before they left for the event, the Osbornes were hopeful but nervous. They had been selling a lot of puppies and worried they might not have enough inventory to cover their costs. Fortunately, their trip turned out to be a success — not only did they break even, but they also made a profit.

The visit was great and I really enjoyed working with a business like Osborne Family Retrievers. They’re passionate about what they do, deeply connected to their community and dedicated to giving every puppy the best start possible. Plus, spending time with a bunch of happy, sleepy retriever puppies doesn’t hurt either.




Comments

  1. They are so darn cute! I would leave with a puppy shaped thing in my purse!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

October Rush

How is it already Oct. 23? It feels like October just began, and now I’m getting ready for Halloween. I love that time seems to be moving quickly, but with that comes the reality of senior year stress. Right now, I’m deep in the middle of several big projects across all of my classes. Between Capstone, semester-long assignments and client work, every week feels packed. There’s always something due or something that needs my attention, and sometimes it feels overwhelming trying to keep it all straight. Still, I remind myself that this busy season won’t last forever. In just a few more weeks, many of these projects will start wrapping up. I keep telling myself that if I can just push through this stretch, things will start to feel lighter. It helps to remember that once Thanksgiving break hits, the hardest part of the semester will be behind me. By then, I’ll hopefully be on autopilot, coasting into the end of the semester with a little less stress and a lot more relief. What’s kee...

The Social Dilemma

                 The Social Dilemma serves as a wake-up call about the perils of social media. The film shines a light on how these platforms, driven by a relentless pursuit of user engagement and data monetization, have become powerful tools for manipulation, addiction and the amplification of harmful content. It forces us to grapple with the unsettling reality that our digital lives are shaped more by algorithms than our own free will. The testimonies of former tech insiders reveal the industry's calculated strategies to hijack our attention, exploit our psychological vulnerabilities and sow division for profit. As we become increasingly entangled in these digital webs, The Social Dilemma urges us to critically examine our relationship with social media and demand greater transparency, accountability and ethical practices from these influential corporations. The film serves as a call for individuals, policymakers and tech leaders to co...

Halloweekend!

Halloween has always been my favorite holiday. From the decorations to the costumes, there’s something magical about getting to be someone else for a night. In college, that excitement only grows during “Halloweekend,” when the entire campus comes alive with parties, themed events and plenty of creative costumes. Last year, my friends and I had to skip the festivities. My roo mmate’s dad got married that same weekend, so instead of celebrating, we traded costumes for formalwear and spent the weekend at the wedding. It was still fun, but it wasn’t quite the same as being on campus surrounded by pumpkins, lights and laughter. That’s why, this year—our senior year—we knew we wanted to make the most of it. It felt like our last big Halloween together before graduation, and we wanted to go all out. Two of our friends, Lilah and Ethan, attended Ohio Northern University with us freshman year but transferred after that. They live about three hours away in Indiana, so we don’t get to see ...