Skip to main content

Advantages of Analytics

 

Chapter three explores different social media strategies and tactics to help maximize social media marketing and advertising efforts. Things such as creating personas, performing social media audits, having a content strategy, etc. can boost the engagement on your posts and grow your brand’s social media presence.  

 


Paying attention to the analytics of your posts can help you to be more aware of what days/times to post that will result in the highest engagement, the demographics of your audience so you can formulate content marketed specifically to them, which platforms reach the most users, what type of content does best on each platform, etc. Analytics provide a plethora of details pertaining to the state of your social media, and if you understand how to interpret them correctly, you are able to use them to your advantage to help boost your account(s).

 

Step three, of the ten steps discussed in this chapter, dives further into this by giving specific aims such as establishing goals, objectives, and metrics. The biggest takeaway to remember with these is that each goal must have measurable objectives and metrics. By having a goal with specific objectives outlines to work towards, you are able to gauge exactly how good or bad a marketing effort was and have a clearer idea of what works and what doesn’t work for your brand.

 

I have found the use of interpreting post analytics to be very useful in my own work as well. In my personal experience, it can be difficult determining my target audience online because I do social media work for a golf course whose customer demographic ranges from 15-60, all with different incomes, personalities, gender, etc. With a customer demographic that varies this widely, I wasn’t sure exactly who was my target audience on social media. Based off the industry the company is in, I would have assumed across all platforms the audience is middle-aged, working-class men. However, that was not the case. By looking at the analytics I was able to see that majority of our audience on Instagram is female, aging between 19-30, while majority of our audience on Facebook is male, aging 28-46. Discovering this helped us to formulate content to post on each platform that targets each of those two audiences, which increased engagement and activity.

 

If anyone has similar experiences with fist-hand use of analytics in social media, in what ways have you been able to use them to your advantage? Do you use them at all? Working for local/small companies I have found that some people do not pay attention to them as much as I would have thought. Do you think analytics are important for all companies, or only the bigger brands with more ‘well-known’ names?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October Rush

How is it already Oct. 23? It feels like October just began, and now I’m getting ready for Halloween. I love that time seems to be moving quickly, but with that comes the reality of senior year stress. Right now, I’m deep in the middle of several big projects across all of my classes. Between Capstone, semester-long assignments and client work, every week feels packed. There’s always something due or something that needs my attention, and sometimes it feels overwhelming trying to keep it all straight. Still, I remind myself that this busy season won’t last forever. In just a few more weeks, many of these projects will start wrapping up. I keep telling myself that if I can just push through this stretch, things will start to feel lighter. It helps to remember that once Thanksgiving break hits, the hardest part of the semester will be behind me. By then, I’ll hopefully be on autopilot, coasting into the end of the semester with a little less stress and a lot more relief. What’s kee...

The Social Dilemma

                 The Social Dilemma serves as a wake-up call about the perils of social media. The film shines a light on how these platforms, driven by a relentless pursuit of user engagement and data monetization, have become powerful tools for manipulation, addiction and the amplification of harmful content. It forces us to grapple with the unsettling reality that our digital lives are shaped more by algorithms than our own free will. The testimonies of former tech insiders reveal the industry's calculated strategies to hijack our attention, exploit our psychological vulnerabilities and sow division for profit. As we become increasingly entangled in these digital webs, The Social Dilemma urges us to critically examine our relationship with social media and demand greater transparency, accountability and ethical practices from these influential corporations. The film serves as a call for individuals, policymakers and tech leaders to co...

Halloweekend!

Halloween has always been my favorite holiday. From the decorations to the costumes, there’s something magical about getting to be someone else for a night. In college, that excitement only grows during “Halloweekend,” when the entire campus comes alive with parties, themed events and plenty of creative costumes. Last year, my friends and I had to skip the festivities. My roo mmate’s dad got married that same weekend, so instead of celebrating, we traded costumes for formalwear and spent the weekend at the wedding. It was still fun, but it wasn’t quite the same as being on campus surrounded by pumpkins, lights and laughter. That’s why, this year—our senior year—we knew we wanted to make the most of it. It felt like our last big Halloween together before graduation, and we wanted to go all out. Two of our friends, Lilah and Ethan, attended Ohio Northern University with us freshman year but transferred after that. They live about three hours away in Indiana, so we don’t get to see ...