Family Time!

 Last week I received a text in my family group chat from my uncle asking my brother and I if we were able to come home for the weekend because he wanted to have dinner to celebrate my grandfather’s seventy-fourth birthday. My brother and I were both eager to go home and see the family and our dog, Barrett. I was especially happy because my brother said he would drive us – all I heard was I didn’t have to pay for gas to drive home myself.


We didn’t end up going home for the entire weekend, only Saturday to make dinner and then we drove back to Ada that night. We live in Toledo, which is only about an hour drive, so it was easy for us to simply go for the day. My brother and I have always been close and with him graduating Northern this May it’s nice to spend time with him before he leaves, even if it is just a car ride together. When we finally arrived in Toledo we hung out with our mom and caught up on what’s going on in school and life. The three of us have always been super close because for the most part it has always been just us three. With both my brother and I being away at school most of the year we appreciate the few times we are all together.

Later in the evening we went to my uncles for dinner. I absolutely love it when I get to spend time with my uncle and grandfather because we have always been close. I don’t have a relationship with my father at all, so I have always looked up to them as the main male figures in my life. They have always been there for me and supportive in everything I do, and I am eternally grateful to have them. Especially as I have gotten older my uncle and I have become closer and closer, and I even work for him and my aunt when I am home. My whole family jokes about how scared they are that I turned out so similar to my uncle, but we just say they’re jealous that we’re the fun ones in the family. I always appreciate the time I get to spend with my family since being away at school often makes it difficult to see everyone.  

Comments

  1. I am so happy you got to spend time with family this past weekend! Sometimes we don't realize how lucky we are to live with family until we move away and realize how special it is to live near to the people you love. That picture of your dog is adorable! Tell your grandfather I said happy birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not having to pay for gas on a trip is definitely a huge deal breaker. It sounds like you and your family have a great bond and spend lots of time together. This is something that more people need to cherish more in life -- especially once you're in college. Also, happy birthday to your grandfather!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Social Media Impact

Is It Summer Yet?

Buhi Simternship