Skip to main content

Hanging Out with Hometown Friends

 My job has given me many things, one of those being some of the best friendships I have.

Kayla, Christine, Jai-Lin, Lamai
      Throughout last Summer, some of my coworkers and I became very close friends. They all live in Toledo so at the end of Summer when I had to go back to school it was a sad time for us all. Luckily, I don’t live too far from school so I was able to go home on weekends to see them. We are all so much alike and we all have such a good time when we get together. Kayla and Lamai are 23 and Jai-Lin is 21, so we all joke that I’m the baby and I love reminding them that they’re friends with a 19-year-old…they, however, do not like being reminded.

          Over this past weekend I went home to celebrate Kayla's twenty-third birthday with them. Since Kayla’s birthday wasn’t until Saturday, I decided to go to Bowling Green on Friday to see Jai because that is where she goes to school. I had a great time with her and her friends, who I had met once before so it was nice to see them again. Jai and I mostly just caught up with each other and what’s going on in our lives this night because we haven’t seen each other since September.

          On Saturday we were all in Toledo for Kayla’s birthday and we had all had so much fun that night. Kayla and Lamai are in graduate school while Jai and I are still in undergrad, so it is hard for us four to all find time to be able to see each other. Seeing everyone made me super excited for this Summer and working with them again.

Comments

  1. I love this! I have such a close friend group back home too so this reminded me of them! I love how your post almost looks like a scrapbook too with the pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

October Rush

How is it already Oct. 23? It feels like October just began, and now I’m getting ready for Halloween. I love that time seems to be moving quickly, but with that comes the reality of senior year stress. Right now, I’m deep in the middle of several big projects across all of my classes. Between Capstone, semester-long assignments and client work, every week feels packed. There’s always something due or something that needs my attention, and sometimes it feels overwhelming trying to keep it all straight. Still, I remind myself that this busy season won’t last forever. In just a few more weeks, many of these projects will start wrapping up. I keep telling myself that if I can just push through this stretch, things will start to feel lighter. It helps to remember that once Thanksgiving break hits, the hardest part of the semester will be behind me. By then, I’ll hopefully be on autopilot, coasting into the end of the semester with a little less stress and a lot more relief. What’s kee...

The Social Dilemma

                 The Social Dilemma serves as a wake-up call about the perils of social media. The film shines a light on how these platforms, driven by a relentless pursuit of user engagement and data monetization, have become powerful tools for manipulation, addiction and the amplification of harmful content. It forces us to grapple with the unsettling reality that our digital lives are shaped more by algorithms than our own free will. The testimonies of former tech insiders reveal the industry's calculated strategies to hijack our attention, exploit our psychological vulnerabilities and sow division for profit. As we become increasingly entangled in these digital webs, The Social Dilemma urges us to critically examine our relationship with social media and demand greater transparency, accountability and ethical practices from these influential corporations. The film serves as a call for individuals, policymakers and tech leaders to co...

Move-Out Stress

              As the semester winds down, I can't help but feel a sense of relief washing over me. I've nearly completed all of my major assignments for the semester, and it's like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. The last few weeks have been a whirlwind of endless papers, presentations, and projects, but I know it won’t be long before I won’t have to think about school anymore – or for a few months at least. However, just as the stresses of school have left my mind, I find myself with a new worry. I have absolutely no idea how I am going to get all of my stuff home. As I look around my room, I constantly think to myself, “This is not going to all fit in my car.” I am more worried about the bigger things, such as my fridge, my chair, and my TV. But, luckily, my brother lives in Ada so I am hoping I can just leave those things at his house until the weekend following move-out, since my family will be here for his graduation. Even b...