Hanging Out with Hometown Friends

 My job has given me many things, one of those being some of the best friendships I have.

Kayla, Christine, Jai-Lin, Lamai
      Throughout last Summer, some of my coworkers and I became very close friends. They all live in Toledo so at the end of Summer when I had to go back to school it was a sad time for us all. Luckily, I don’t live too far from school so I was able to go home on weekends to see them. We are all so much alike and we all have such a good time when we get together. Kayla and Lamai are 23 and Jai-Lin is 21, so we all joke that I’m the baby and I love reminding them that they’re friends with a 19-year-old…they, however, do not like being reminded.

          Over this past weekend I went home to celebrate Kayla's twenty-third birthday with them. Since Kayla’s birthday wasn’t until Saturday, I decided to go to Bowling Green on Friday to see Jai because that is where she goes to school. I had a great time with her and her friends, who I had met once before so it was nice to see them again. Jai and I mostly just caught up with each other and what’s going on in our lives this night because we haven’t seen each other since September.

          On Saturday we were all in Toledo for Kayla’s birthday and we had all had so much fun that night. Kayla and Lamai are in graduate school while Jai and I are still in undergrad, so it is hard for us four to all find time to be able to see each other. Seeing everyone made me super excited for this Summer and working with them again.

Comments

  1. I love this! I have such a close friend group back home too so this reminded me of them! I love how your post almost looks like a scrapbook too with the pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Social Media Impact

Is It Summer Yet?

Buhi Simternship