Skip to main content

My Uneventful Week

This week honestly has been super uneventful for me. I have been racking my brain trying to figure out what to blog about that I did this week but there hasn’t been much of anything. Over the weekend, I wasn’t feeling good, so I pretty much was in bed Friday until Sunday. I did go to Lima on Sunday though, and spent way too much money at Ulta.

The rest of the day I hung around while doing homeworking and watching The Real Housewives of Atlanta. I have been very hooked on this show lately because all the drama is entertaining to watch. I also think it is funny to watch all these women (who are mostly NFL and NBA wives) fight with each other of miniscule things and without a doubt it gets out of hand every time. I just saw an episode where one of the housewives pulled the other one’s wig off because she didn’t attend her fashion show.

The rest of the week was basically the same as the weekend, except it included going to class. Yesterday was Valentine’s Day, which was probably the only eventful day I’ve had this week. I went out to dinner and got flowers, hope you ladies did too, and then when we came back from dinner, we watched more RHOA, I have a problem, I’m addicted to this show. Is anyone else addicted to early 2000s reality TV shows? They always have the best drama and know how to get the audience hooked.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October Rush

How is it already Oct. 23? It feels like October just began, and now I’m getting ready for Halloween. I love that time seems to be moving quickly, but with that comes the reality of senior year stress. Right now, I’m deep in the middle of several big projects across all of my classes. Between Capstone, semester-long assignments and client work, every week feels packed. There’s always something due or something that needs my attention, and sometimes it feels overwhelming trying to keep it all straight. Still, I remind myself that this busy season won’t last forever. In just a few more weeks, many of these projects will start wrapping up. I keep telling myself that if I can just push through this stretch, things will start to feel lighter. It helps to remember that once Thanksgiving break hits, the hardest part of the semester will be behind me. By then, I’ll hopefully be on autopilot, coasting into the end of the semester with a little less stress and a lot more relief. What’s kee...

The Social Dilemma

                 The Social Dilemma serves as a wake-up call about the perils of social media. The film shines a light on how these platforms, driven by a relentless pursuit of user engagement and data monetization, have become powerful tools for manipulation, addiction and the amplification of harmful content. It forces us to grapple with the unsettling reality that our digital lives are shaped more by algorithms than our own free will. The testimonies of former tech insiders reveal the industry's calculated strategies to hijack our attention, exploit our psychological vulnerabilities and sow division for profit. As we become increasingly entangled in these digital webs, The Social Dilemma urges us to critically examine our relationship with social media and demand greater transparency, accountability and ethical practices from these influential corporations. The film serves as a call for individuals, policymakers and tech leaders to co...

Halloweekend!

Halloween has always been my favorite holiday. From the decorations to the costumes, there’s something magical about getting to be someone else for a night. In college, that excitement only grows during “Halloweekend,” when the entire campus comes alive with parties, themed events and plenty of creative costumes. Last year, my friends and I had to skip the festivities. My roo mmate’s dad got married that same weekend, so instead of celebrating, we traded costumes for formalwear and spent the weekend at the wedding. It was still fun, but it wasn’t quite the same as being on campus surrounded by pumpkins, lights and laughter. That’s why, this year—our senior year—we knew we wanted to make the most of it. It felt like our last big Halloween together before graduation, and we wanted to go all out. Two of our friends, Lilah and Ethan, attended Ohio Northern University with us freshman year but transferred after that. They live about three hours away in Indiana, so we don’t get to see ...