Pre-Spring Break!

Twins x2!
             As spring break approaches, I get more and more excited about a break from school. Sadly, I am not going on vacation anywhere, but I am working. I work as a bartender and beer cart girl at a golf course in my hometown. Normally the course is not open yet by this time but this year since the weather has been decently nice the course is open!

            Many people don’t find their job fun, but I love mine and have fun every shift. I have worked at the golf course for many years – this year will be my seventh season. I started working there when I was 14 years old as a clubhouse assistant. Clubhouse assistants, or ‘juniors’ as we call them, basically just maintain the carts by washing, gassing and parking them and help keep the clubhouse clean and kept. When I turned 18, I was able to start beer carting and then the following year I began bartending as well.

Me and My Favorite Leaguer!
            I have made so many memories over the years and look forward to every season. Because I have worked there for so long, nearly all the regular golfers and the leagues know me, so shifts feel more like hanging out with friends than work – it’s just a bonus I get paid for it. I am excited to get back to the course over break and see everyone, including my bosses who I haven’t seen since last season. I have a close relationship with both of my bosses and think of them as family. They have watched me grow up over the years working there and it seems no matter how old I am they will always see me as the little 14-year-old junior with braces. Obviously, I am also excited to be working and making money again too. As a college student, the pockets definitely have been hurting.

Comments

  1. Reading this post made me realize I can't wait for spring break. I am fortunate enough to be able to go on a trip to Myrtle Beach with my friends, but working doesn't sound too bad either! I hope you have a good and relaxing break at the golf course!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Social Media Impact

Is It Summer Yet?

Buhi Simternship